Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"Have dinner ready...a declicious meal ready, on time for his return."


I printed out the "1955 Rules for a Good Housewife" from the May,1955 issue of Housekeeping Monthly magazine just because it's funny.  Never would I "put a ribbon in my hair and be fresh looking" to "prepare myself" for my husband to come home from work.  But something I have been trying to work on is having dinner ready when my husband comes home from work.  He works 3 days a week.... so I thought that was a good starting goal.  It's cheaper and healthier to eat at home, so I'm trying to be better at making dinner.  It's so hard to come up with ideas though!  I've tried to make a weekly menu and shop due to what ingredients I needed for that week but it just doesn't work for me and my family.  So now I try have a very well stocked pantry (which is a completely different post) and try to do a modified version of shopping for the week.  When I'm being a good housewife and actually make dinner it works much better for me :)   But I still have issues with coming up with ideas for dinner. 

Recently I was visiting my family in Arizona and I was talking with some of the women in my family about this.  I wasn't kidding when I said I'd text you all about dinner ideas.  If I do make a decent dinner that goes over well I'll post what it was and the recipe.  So text, email or post me any ideas or your favorites dinners! 

No comments:

Post a Comment