Ginger Chicken Stir Fry
3 TBS vegetable oil
3 chicken breasts cut in thin strips
2 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and diced as small as you can
4 garlic cloves chopped (I put mine in a garlic press)
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (I use 1 tsp because we like it hot)
6 green onions cut into pieces
1/4 cup Tamari (dark aged soy sauce)
3 TBS honey (I use a lot more.... I add to taste)
Rice (I like sticky rice and I just make it in my rice cooker)
Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add the vegetable oil. Add the chicken and season with a tiny tiny bit of salt and lots of black pepper. Stir-fry for a minute to sear the meat at the edges. Then add the ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes and cook for 2 minutes. Add the green onions (and/or whatever other veggies you want to use) and stir fry for another minute then add the Tamari and honey for form a sauce and glaze the chicken (just stir it around). Cook until chicken is done.
Other directions: I didn't have green onions in the fridge tonight so I didn't use them! But I did have this unknown green leafy vegetable (similar to bok choy I guess?) that my friend Der gave to me..... so I cut that stuff up according to her directions and threw it in my stir fry. It was great! If I ever find out what it's called I'll let you know. You can do this with any veggies you want. Broccoli, asparagus and sweet peas would all be good options. Or you can just have it with plain chicken. What ever you want!!! My husband is a corn freak, so he added corn and cooked carrots to his. I hate corn in stir fry so he has to add it to his own bowl.
All of these ingredients are normal things that you can find at your grocery store. Tamari is just a dark aged soy sauce... it's usually found in the Asian food section right next to the normal soy sauce. I highly recommend you have this at hand. I like it so much better then the normal stuff for some reason.
No comments:
Post a Comment